Monday, February 27, 2012

21 Day Cleanse Day 1

I'm doing a 21 day cleanse in the hopes of helping my body recover from my poor food choices during ,y last show. I'm going to try to keep a record of anything I notice as a result of controlling my diet to this level.

Today I saw how many of my food rituals/choices I make without thinking. they're knee jerk reactions. I was driving to a performance at 7:00 this morning. I almost pulled in to a Dunkin Doughnuts three times. Each time as soon as I saw the sign I hit the turn indicator and began to maneuver in to the parking lot, until I caught myself and reminded myself that I don;t want coffee. Even though I was feeling uncomfortably full from breakfast, I was automatically going for more.

Backstage at the performance I saw an open tin of mints and again before I realized I was reaching for one. And again i had to stop myself before I popped one in my mouth. I little while ago I had fooled myself in to thinking I was more conscious and mindful about my food. The first 3 hours on this cleanse showed me otherwise.

No comments: